Pages

"Every Good and Perfect Gift Comes From Above" ~James 1:17

"Every Good and Perfect Gift Comes From Above" ~James 1:17
Thank you so much for coming to check out my brand spankin' new blog! I've never "blogged" before, so here goes nothin'! This page is inspired by our adoption process, and I am hoping to get words of encouragement or advice every step along the way :)

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Days 12 &13: Erin's birthday, the Guangzhou folk art museum, and the US consulate

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a fun day! After breakfast we went to the Guangzhou folk art museum despite the cold and rain. It was partially indoors so we were done after about a hour of drizzly cold. Austin got a necklace that has a pendant holding a grain of rice with his name carved on it. We also got a set of chopsticks. On the way to the museum everyone sang happy birthday to me, we are traveling with such a sweet group of families :)
When we got back nap time wasn't happening so we took the kids to the play area. I was able to sneak out and left them with David so I could get a foot massage. They also massaged my legs and back, took 70 minutes total all for about $30 (US). Woohoo!
I got back just in time for our last group dinner. We ate at a family style Chinese restaurant and I think all 17 families were there! It was really fun. Another family had a birthday this week too so they bought 2 cakes and we all shared. They were good!
Today we left at 9 for our appointment at the US embassy to get Emily's visa. The trip was uneventful except for the 5 minute run through the rain since umbrellas aren't allowed in the embassy.
Now we're playing in the hotel room and David is getting us pizza for dinner. I'm tired of Chinese food, noodles, and McDonald's because that's all that is around. I can't wait to get home and get some good Mexican from habeneros. I'm sure they are wondering where the Moreland family has been!
Tomorrow we have to wait around to get her visa and then we leave for Hong Kong in a van. One night there and we fly out to the US in the morning! Prayers are requested for a safe, uneventful flight on Thursday! We will leave for the airport around 9 in the morning and get to Florida at 7 that night, which will be 8 am China time. About 24 hours of travel once we actually walk in our door. Then we introduce Emily to her new home, room, bed, dogs, cats... No biggie!  ;)
-Erin xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment