Pages

"Every Good and Perfect Gift Comes From Above" ~James 1:17

"Every Good and Perfect Gift Comes From Above" ~James 1:17
Thank you so much for coming to check out my brand spankin' new blog! I've never "blogged" before, so here goes nothin'! This page is inspired by our adoption process, and I am hoping to get words of encouragement or advice every step along the way :)

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Days 9 & 10: Emily's first plane ride and the medical exam

Yesterday we spent the morning in the hotel room counting down the hours until we could leave for Guangzhou. It was a windy cold day, too cold for anything outside. We couldn't wait for the warmer weather and more Western feel of Guangzhou!  Our plane left at 4:20 PM so we left for the airport at 1. Security in the airport was much easier to go through than in America, there's no taking off of the shoes nonsense. The flight was 2 1/2 hours, and Emily didn't seem to know anything was different. The landing was bumpy but she didn't flinch. She got antsy a few times and we had to share a row with a Chinese businessman so I tried to keep her as quiet as possible. This girl doesn't like to be held down or told what to do! I can't wait to see what she thinks of car seats since here they ride on our laps without even seatbelts!!
We got to our hotel after 7 but after check in and finally getting her crib it was 10:30, and this momma was tired. For some reason Emily had made a switch to not only preferring me alone but also to pushing away anyone else. This is exhausting, plus I feel bad for David because he tries to help but she won't let him at all. She's definitely opening her shell a little more and showing her true personality. We've had some great play times and some blow out temper tantrums. A good thing is instead of self soothing when she's hurt or sad she comes to me to be consoled. This happened when she bumped her head today and at the medical exam when she had blood drawn. Poor baby! Nothing a snuggle and an oreo couldn't fix. By the way Austin is in love with these oreos they have here. There's all different flavors but his favorite are birthday cake.
I haven't taken many pictures if at all these past 2 days because it's really been just stressful times and not too much scenery. Going shopping on shaiman island tomorrow and I'm quite excited about it! Really missing my family now, especially since I haven't been able to Skype with my mom in over a week! This whole internet blocking stuff is ridiculous and annoying :/ Ready to be back in the USA!! ☆☆☆

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin ~ Congratulations on your new daughter! She is beautiful. I just wanted to tell you that Aaron can get those Birthday Cake Oreos here, too. 2013 was Oreo cookies 100th birthday, so they were made to celebrate that. But, I am still seeing them here at the local stores. I live in MN., but fo sure they can be ordered on amaz*n. Enjoy the remainder of your trip. ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete